Sunday, May 3, 2009

Adam's Saturday Adventure!

Ok, ok, so it is not as good as you would think. I had to work all morning and then after work my sister was having her birth day party. So instead of staying home with five or six little twelve year old girls running about Adrian and I made plans to hang out with my friends Scott and Dara. It was great fun, and there was no media involved. Scott had his earphones in, and knows about the project enough to turn off the car radio for us. After a walk around the base housing area that Scott currently resides in Dara decided she wanted a burger. Then a trip to Burger King ensued. At Burger King our friend John Sircy decided to visit us and chat for a while before he ran to hang with another friend. The whole night was awesome. Dara had to leave around ten. Then we visited our friends Geoff, Richard and Justin, but Justin was asleep. He had work early. So Richard, Geoff, Scott, Adrian and I talked and chilled on the couch. They had a movie going, but we were not about to tell them to turn it off. Then we headed back to our friend Scott’s house and crashed there for the night. I am writing this one a bit earlier than the blog I typed up yesterday because I have work at 3 today.
One thing I realized that during this project is that I focus more on face to face conversations rather than texting or talking on the cell phone. Which I think is so much more personal and fun. It is truly difficult to show emotion in a text, and hard to read a reaction of a person over the cell phone. This project has me getting out there and talking to other people, which I needed sorely. Professor Lopez did give us all permission to watch the news, online or television, about swine flu. I decided that I was not all too concerned about it. I had heard, previous to the beginning of this project, that people with weak, or damaged immune systems are at the most risk. I have a strong immune system.

No comments:

Post a Comment