Sunday, May 3, 2009

LaQuinta (Day 2)

Day 2 start was not so good. I notice that I slept later than normal. After my morning routine, I made use of my time and started reorganizing my house. I still had plenty of boxes that were not unpacked from the move. Since i had no media wasting or eating up my time, I decided to get busy being productive around the house. I moved boxes out to the garage and stored them away. I rearrange my kitchen cabinets to maximize space. This task took up most of the day. When night fell and the kids were in there rooms with media, my husband in our room with the playoffs on, i was in the family room going through important papers and sorting through a few more boxes.
Over all I did not find the time to read a book or the newspaper. Books have always put me to sleep. I only read the new paper for the funnies to laugh, sales and coupons to shop, some articles of titles that catch my eye and when i need to cut out articles in the sports section when my kids were mention. other than that I don't like to read. I did not even watch the news because it would have been to easy to change the channel to something I really rather watch. Normally, I
watch the news in the morning to start my day off ,not to end it. I don't like to here and see bad news before going to bed. It makes me uneasy especially if it is close proximity like the swine flu. I did use the computer for my speech class final assignments. I really and not missing the media to much as i welcome the peace and tranquility. I have so much going on such as retuning home to New Orleans to take my job back, leaving my family behind here in San Antonio( this is the best choice for now). my step dad is in the hospital fighting cancer, my oldest son is graduating from high school , my youngest son have a sports event in Houston this weekend, and my daughter still have to rehabilitate her knee from her ACL surgery. I have enough things going on in my life that i am not dependent on the media. I check in from time to time for updates, but not every minute or hour of the day with some media. I really don't even use the phone that much other than to check in with kids and husband to make sure all is well. I don't have friends,

I have associates and they don't mean that much to waste my daytime minutes on. I have to pay for incoming and outgoing text messages, so I rarely use this function. I mainly use the text function to communicate with my kids they are at school or they need me when I am at school. I can definitely appreciate all of the new and modern advances, but sometimes it is overwhelming to the point that i leave it alone sometimes just to find peace of mind. So, this media deprivation for me is great and helping me to do some much needed work elsewhere.
P.S. I'd also like to share that my family is cooperating so that i wont take it away from them, they keep the doors closed and the volumes low or use their headphones.

No comments:

Post a Comment