Sunday, May 3, 2009

You fight the boredom but it makes no difference - Abigail Day 3

Tonight I turn in early. I have a long day of work tomorrow so if I want this day to be worth the struggle I better write about it now. It was such a long day. I had a worthless meeting too early in the morning for me to even consider it part of my day. Just an annoying gap in between sleep. I came home and I read. All day. That’s all I did; read. I didn’t get far though, in my book, only far enough to find that I wasn’t really interested in continuing. I fixed my room. Well I didn’t , I told my family where to put my stuff (there are advantages to disabilities). I talked some on the phone with the best friend, and text my manager (business related so I figured it was OK). But other than that I pretty much had a book in my hands all day. I should’ve chosen a better book and maybe I wouldn’t be complaining about it now. Really this day was just I had feared, long and boring. It would have been easier if it wasn’t for a lot of reasons. Mainly I blame it on my broken ankle and my confinement to this chair. I could have easily been able to leave the house and go out shopping or to a concert or art gallery under alternative circumstances. Normally that’s what I do on a day off, which really reminds me how much I don’t use the media other than for music and news. Its not so much that I depend on gadgets to get me through life, its what those gadgets provide. The television gives me the news that my attention span can’t grasp from a newspaper, and my mp3 player gives me the music that I need to keep me from becoming schizophrenic. Those were the two things that really took a toll on me. Phone I can live without, radio definitely, and internet I could learn to. I knew from the beginning that being music-less would be pretty hard. But I figured with the distraction of work and reading would suffice. Man, I should have known.

No comments:

Post a Comment