Sunday, May 3, 2009

Day 2 Steven Brewer

Day 2 proved to be much more difficult. I went to Gamestop to buy a new video game, only to remember that I couldn't play it. So now I have it sitting here in front of me, taunting me. One more day, and then its over. My cell phone is turned off, I haven't had much of a problem with it. It't the video games and movies that I miss. I imagine times were much more difficult without modern technology. I've made it without my cell phone this far, but it is not something I would want to make a habit of. I can survive without tv and video games, but reading does get boring after a while. Not listening to the radio has also been very difficult. I always have the radio on for background noise, and now the house is just quiet. Day 2 is definetely much more difficult than day one. I thought I would be able to soar through this project with no problems, but I am tempted to play a game, watch a movie, or even just turn the radio on! I wonder how people communicated effieciently without cell phones? Most of my friends live in Mobile, Al, which is where I'm from, and I haven't got to talk to them for the last few days. Can't use myspace, that's off limits, and can't use my cell phone. I think I could live without cell phones though, and possibly without movies. But the radio and video games, thats whats killing me. I occupied my day yesterday by spending some time outside. I worked on painting the porch like I've been meaning to do and went to the park for a little while with the dogs. Getting outside is nice. It gives you time to clear your head and think. It's amazing how different it is without all the modern day background noise in the picture. One more day, and then it's back to how things were.

No comments:

Post a Comment