Sunday, May 3, 2009

Danielle-Day 2

So Saturday was going to be a breeze without tv, music, or internet....Or so I thought. I woke up around 11ish, and thought I would have tons to do to distract me from not watching tv, or listening to the radio, but let me tell you, I was wrong!
I wasn't scheduled to work, so I wouldn't be able to be distracted that way. So I thought I'd run some errands, get things done. Well it turns out, I didn't have a lot to do. After I ate breakfast, I read the sports section of the paper to see who won between Boston and Chicago. (Oh, by the way, my dad cancelled the newspaper, so it was the last day we recieved it.) My mom wanted me to go to Lowe's with her, but instead, I took my puppy to get his shots. There were no openings, so I just made an appointment for his shots and for him to get fixed. The drive to and from Petsmart was a rather quiet one, I sang songs in my head the whole time.
When I got home, I did some spring cleaning...and it was so hard to do a boring task like that without any music to listen to. I did hear a blurry rendition of oldies that my mom was listening to while she was out back gardening. What seemed like such an easy task to do, a few loads of laundry, organize my closet, turned into an all day affair. I think usually when I clean my room, I do it with ease because I have a lot of songs playing on my laptop. But Saturday, it was a different story. The day dragged on and on.
My phone would beep and beep, text message after text message. I resisted texting back, even though it was really hard. Although, I must admit, I did text back a friend who invited me to watch the fight, just to tell him I couldn't watch the fight or couldn't even text him anymore.
I ended up just staying home instead of going out. When it was around time for me to go to sleep, I thought, "Damn," I usually watch a dvd, and fall asleep to the sound of it playing in the background, but with this media deprivation thing, I just decided to start re-reading the last book in the Twilight series, and I fell fast asleep.
On an ordinary Saturday, if I didn't have to work, I'd just spend the day lounging around, watching tv, and being lazy. So even though it killed me, all day long with no music, no tv, and no phone, I felt like I had a productive day overall. I probably wouldn't have gotten anything done, had I been watching tv all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment