Sunday, May 3, 2009

Day Dos

The day started off pretty good.  I learned my lesson from just sitting around at home because that only dragged time on even more.  So I planned to go golfing as a way to enjoy my day.  This was an excellent idea.  Golfing is fun and also time consuming.  I was able to get outdoors and enjoy the fresh smell of Texas air.  However, there were some minor situations that had me tempted to turn on the radio.  

Driving to the golf course at ten o’clock in the morning, my friends were pretty upset with   the choice of not listening to music.  They attempted to convince me into not following through with the project.  So I threw some philosophical ideas at them trying to hint at the importance of bonding.  This didn’t go so well, so we all took our own separate cars.  

After the golfing trip, I had time alone at my house to just relax.  This was hard for me to do, because I felt like Facebook was just calling my name.  I kept debating on going online to check everything, or just to even change my status, but I resisted.  This whole media deprivation thing is starting to play with my head.  I feel like I’m being grounded from the better things in life that brought happiness to me.  

Later that night I did get a little taste of media.  My friends and family got together to go bowling.  This was fun and got me out of the slump at home.  Luckily for me, bowling alleys play music to keep their customers entertained.  This is where I was so relieved to hear music other than me trying to sing in the car to replace the deprivation.  I had a great time bowling and enjoyed getting outdoors to pass the time away.

Overall, day two was a little harder to accomplish because it was the start of the weekend and I had these days off from work.  Normally I sit at home and watch television or play video games to get away from the stress of work, school and being in a band.  I had an interesting time doing something not normal to my regular days off.

No comments:

Post a Comment