Sunday, May 3, 2009

antoine day 2

Saturday was very difficult and I know for a fact will be the hardest day out of the three, but its over now so I'm happy. I normally don't do much on Saturday's during the day except chill at my apartment and watch TV all day. Not watching TV or playing video games made me realize just how long the day is and how many tasks can be done during the day. It always seems like the days go by so fast to me but that was just because I'm busy with work or school or something. I went out and paid some bills, did some cleaning, tried to keep myself busy and in a productive mood but all that only took up a few hours and I didn't take my time doing everything, I did them quickly because I'm so used to not having a large amount of time to get things done. The main obstacle I ran into on Saturday was no TV because that is the main source of media for me on a typical Saturday, radio was a bit hard but me and my roommate were running errands together so I had him to talk to. This project is definitely a learning experience for me due to the fact that I am finally realizing how much media is incorporated in my daily lifestyle and how much my routines depend on some sort of media or my daily rituals are compromised. I will be out and about on Sunday for quite a bit of the day because of church and other things so it shouldn't be that bad, but Saturday messed with my head a little bit, I wanted to give up so bad but I stayed strong, a feel a bit liberated now.

2 comments: