Sunday, May 3, 2009

Day 2 - Alina Martinez

So at this point the absence of music in my life is indefinitely killing me slowly. Today I worked pretty much all day from 1pm to 10pm so I didn’t really miss out on much. However, the drive to and from work was wretched without my daily dose of music. At night I felt I owed it to myself to have a night out with some friends. It was a long day at the day care with two little girls who claimed to be princesses when they were actually wicked little devils. So straight out of work (still in work clothes) I headed straight to a bar. A bar where again, I knew there would be music. I went with some co-workers because they were the only people I had spoken to all day since I had not answered any phone calls. Anyhow, I knew most of my phone calls that day would be completely irrelevant. I spent the night drinking a bit more than I should have. I’m not sure if this is inappropriate, but I find myself a bit intoxicated more often now without the media. It’s weird; you’d think that the media actually encourages people to drink more. But in my case the lack of media actually causes me to drink more in order to keep myself entertained. So apparently alcohol is something really valuable to me when I have nothing else to keep me entertained? I guess it’s just strange to me because I don’t really like going out much. Typically I would have bought a bottle of wine, gone home and soaked in the tub to my Norah Jones cd. Cliché I know, but I find it rather necessary after a long day of work. Anyway, at the end of the night I had my intoxicated self driven home and attempted to fall asleep. Yet another struggle without the media in my life. Again, I spent an extra 2 hours trying to fall asleep without my immaculate flat screen! This all kind of reminds me of the time I went to Concan, TX for 4 days. There was no TV, no internet and definitely no cell phone reception. That wasn’t all too bad because we spent most of the time tanning and we still had music!!

No comments:

Post a Comment