Sunday, May 3, 2009

Josh Aldama [Day 2]

So Saturday evening was pretty easy to go without any type of media. I decided to do a lot of cleaning that probably would have never happened if it weren't for this project. But I still had the same problem, the fact that I would just turn the TV on on pure impulse, with out thinking. After turning the TV of I would go and do other stuff to keep my mind off of it, but now I had this huge urge to get on the computer, listen to music and do everything that I'm not supposed to do.

There was one time in the day that was absolute HELL! I had to take a friend to his work for some reason, and he insisted on me to wait in the car. Oh that's no biggie, I was fine with it, but oh boy I was wrong. There is nothing more dreadful than sitting in a car for 20 minutes with no music and no phone. I am not sitting in my car again unless I am driving. And another thing that's been pulling my strings, is the fact of not having my phone on me. Even though I don't use my phone to chat and text chat that much, I feel insecure with out it, Nothing creepy or anything, It's just that I feel secure with it on me. I get paranoid that maybe someone is in deep trouble and they are trying to get a hold of me but I can't hear the ringer because It's to far away from me. I pretty sure for many, walking without your phone could be like not wearing a piece of clothing.  

I've noticed that day 1 was probably the hardest so far. The sudden change of having all this media to basically zero media was pretty traumatizing. But now I'm kinda used to it, not completely, but it's easier to go trough the day with out thinking about it as often as I did on Friday. I am pretty excited to see how all this will affect my life later on. Maybe get something positive out of this, not that there's anything negative about it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment