Sunday, May 3, 2009

Deanna Briones-Hassuni Day #2

... Is it possible to go insane without something you are used to having everyday? I need to hear more music. Yeah sure, I hear the birds chirp and the wind blow while I'm in my car, but it's getting old. I usually have a cigarette or two while driving somewhere, but lately I don't find myself buying any. Which is a good thing, but at this point I feel so lonely when I get into my car. Some say they have time to think about the great things in life now that media is not allowed, but I must say that I'm one that constantly thinks about great possibilities with or without media. For example, when I watch the news and see such negative insights occurring in other peoples lives, I think of how fortunate and lucky I am. Also, when I hear music I think of the beauty that feelings and emotions bring. Anyways, can you tell I need music to survive? I pulled out my guitar yesterday. It was a little dusty but shockingly still tuned. In no time my friends and I came up with an awesome song. After that, as I was studying for finals, I wanted to hear more music, so I made my boyfriend play his guitar. Of course, I got sidetracked and distracted. My boyfriend and I were a little bored so we grabbed two beers out of the fridge, chugged them, looked at each other with the same thought, and ended up staying up till 5am. I'll let you all figure that one out. As far as not using my phone... that has been a little difficult for me. It seems as though all of my old friends and relatives planned to check to see how I was doing at the same time. I have only replayed to the ones that I know would worry if they didn't hear back from me right away. The funny thing was when I tried to pull this, "Mom, I cannot use my phone this weekend so don't call me," joke. She didn't care if it was a requirement. She needs to know where I'm at regardless of anything. It was worth a try though. I have only used the internet to check my e-mail, bank accounts, and to research for a project. Oh ya and Sara decided to bring the May issue of Cosmopolitan magazine to my house. I started to open it and remembered that I couldn't even look at a magazine. I just wanted to check out the latest trends, but I had to throw the magazine across the room instead. Everyday is getting harder. I started working on a painting. I usually listen to music when I paint, but let's see how this painting turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment