Sunday, May 3, 2009

Dia Dos.No Media. Chingos of Tequila.

YEA!blahblahblah I miss using media, music whatever blah blah. I am really starting to believe I never needed this project to encourage me to breakout of my shell, comfort zone, etc. I never really get bored because I see it like this " if you are bored then you are boring."I always like to get out into the world and get into some trouble, mischief, fun. I like to travel even if it just for the weekend. This weekend for example, right now I am typing this from my Mexico lindo, that's right folks all this lack of media drove me to leave the f-ing country! Like 5 minutes ago I was speaking with my new friend Karla(with a K) about school and I just remembered to do this pinche blog so I am using my cousin's uber-chingona cell-phone to write this blog, I am in Monterrey, I am staying with a cousin of mine and I came to attend a wedding, well the reception at least, one of my 5000 cousins got married. So I came down with the family to ol'Monterrey, to attend the Boda(wedding). It was a beautiful wedding, so far everything has been a la toda Madre!, the food, MUSICA, la baile!!,y las Moras de la otra familia!cuidado! jajaja.The reception is still going strong as I type these words down, you us Mexicans we love a party and no flu-pandemic will can stop una buena pachanga!

So the car ride down here was no trouble because I slept and recovered from the previous night while my brother Mario drove. When we arrived I was refreshed and ready to get it while it was hot. The city of Monterrey is much larger than San Antonio, with population of 5million+. The city seemed to be slower than usual as it is always a buzz with the sounds and ambiance that makes Mexico unique. I guess this swine-flu is kinda a big deal here, people are taking it much more seriously than in the US. Almost everyone in the streets was wearing una tapa-voca,those medical masks their English name eludes my tequila-greased mind right now, and the local government is out in full effect with EM Ts and medical personnel on almost every corner handing-out pamplets of information, hand sanitizer, and tapa-bocas to the public. It was a much different Mexico to see from what I am most familiar with.

Although avoiding media here in Mexico is not all that hard because I always find something to do, especially when I am here to the attend certain event, function or family gathering. Really the only from of media you will have trouble avoiding is Music/Radio. Music seems to be everywhere from banda, cumbias, to American-Music it is everywhere here on every street, every tiendita, bodega, mercado all have some or many forms of music playing usually very loud. I have to get back to this reception because there is gonna be some barbacoa estillo de Rancho served for all the borrachos that are still up and partying. I do not think it will be over until the like 9 or 10 am. This weedend trip made this project such a breeze.

Dia Dos fin.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time in Mexico. Did you wear one of those masks over there?

    ReplyDelete