Saturday, May 2, 2009

Adrian Coe- Friday Deprivation

Friday, the beginning of the weekend and a gosh awful day to go without Media of any sort. No movies and no music, but the really hard part was getting home from work late in the evening and fighting the urge to flick on the television and start watching Law and Order before hitting the sack. Driving in the car wasn’t too horrendous, it was actually nice in the silence to be able to think and have a conversation with Adam without having the white noise of some song playing in the background. I read a lot from a novel I have been reading from time to time, but I hit it hard on Friday. My mom offered to leave the television on and walk away, but I told her that that would only be temptation to break a rule and I personally do have a sense of honor and am trying hard to complete this project in its entirety. At work music is playing, and because it is a restaurant and a public place I didn’t have a hard time ignoring my phone and other would-be distractions from focusing solely on my job. There were a few times when I did have to send a text message, but no conversations, just making plans for later on and informing them of the project I am working through. Another tough trial I had to see myself put through was video games. I play video games on Fridays before I go into work and it was tough pushing through and working on something else instead. I had a hard time when I really wanted to look up some information and couldn’t use my computer and instead ask my parents if they knew, they didn’t… More or less it wasn’t too bad, would I choose to do this for a week? Hell no. But for the weekend and for a grade I can stand it. I will have to work on my History final, A 4 page essay that I have started but will need to finish before Tuesday; all in all I think it will be relatively easy focusing on the project and not turning on windows media player or jumping onto Google or Myspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment