Saturday, May 2, 2009

Deanna Briones-Hassuni Day #1

Wow!
Let me start by waking up! I usually wake up to the radio, and as soon as I heard it on Friday morning I instantly remembered that I was not supposed to listen to any media. I turned it off as if I was scared that my professor would know I heard some music the first minute of the media deprivation project. I did pretty good at not turning on the television. I usually don't have time to watch t.v. anyways. I went over to my boyfriends house to see if he was up for class. I couldn't have called him even if I wanted to. My phone was dead. This was a great thing for the project. The drive to his house was the most tempting considering I just purchased one of my favorite country artists album. I wanted to instantly sing to Sugarland's songs. I asked myself, "Why cant I sing without the cd? I song all the time anyways." Before you know it I was making up my own songs. I started to drive slow as I enjoyed hearing myself. I then became my favorite artist. Who would have known. There came the moment... Walking into my boyfriends house. I heard nothing but media blaring from every corner of the appartment. The money market was on the television. He had country music coming from his alarm clock that he did not even hear. His laptop was on the dining table with internet tabs on music, news, stock markets, and videos. Just when I thought I could get away

No comments:

Post a Comment