Saturday, May 2, 2009

Dominic Fridays media deprivation

Well....
It has been an interesting day. I fell like I am in grade school again, playing dodge ball but instead of balls I'm dodging forms of mass media! It seems like no matter what I do or where I go I find myself faced with some form of media,this is making my day very complicated. When I woke up I was woken up by my cell phone, which has a music alarm on it, so i had to remove the song and put the plain alarm sound. *sigh* There is not fun in the plain alarm sound. I would rather hear a song that I love rather then some annoying sound.
Another hurtle that I faced was the alerts on my cell phone. I am sent several text messages telling me weather updates and breaking news, so I had put my phone on silent because I kept getting alerts.
I finally had relief when I went shopping today because i got to hear music! Music is a big part of my life because I always have it on.Today was interesting because I had to take a shower in silence! To be honest it was so weird.While at the store i got to hear music even if it was not the type i wanted to hear it was nice to have something playing in the background. Embarrasingly enough, while shopping i swear that I could hear my cell ringing and vibrating in my pocket! But it was at my house.
I'm finding that I really depend on my phone for because it has everything I need. A great example was when me and my mom where looking for a restaurant we could not find it because we didnt have directions. So we were lost for 45 min so we gave up. If i had my phone i would have been able to get turn-by-turn directions. Me and my mom had to much pride to pull over and ask for directions.
I'm very interested in seeing how the rest of my day goes. Suprisingly I cant wait for work tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment