Saturday, May 2, 2009

Josh Aldama [Day 1]

So Friday with out any type of media was kinda... weird. I never realized how much I use any type of media in my life. I didn't have work on Friday, nor did I have anything else to do. It was just one of those days to relax and do nothing but watch a movie, get on the internet, etc. But oh how could I forget about this experiment. I wanted to go watch TV so bad, get online, surf the internet, but I couldn't do any of those. As the day went by, I managed to do a lot of house cleaning, car cleaning, and sit down with my guitar and write some music. The thing I noticed the most, was the fact that turning on the TV, getting on my computer when I wake up, listening to music in the car, using my phone, were simply a bunch of habits in my every day life. Even though I knew I wasn't supposed to do all of these things, I would automatically do them, and minutes later I would stop, think, and realize that I did it based on pure impulse. Of course I would then stop it and go do something else. 

On Friday nights, my friend and I usually play some video games before we hit up the night life. All I can say, is that my friend was pretty bummed out when I told him that I couldn't play any video games this weekend due to a school project. He looked at me like if were some kinda joke. I explained to him about the whole ordeal, and he absolutely understood. So the little prick figured out that you can play video games on your own, and not necessarily with another person. You have no idea how fun it is to watch someone play video games. 

Now it's Saturday, and it's been much easier compared to Friday. All I had to do is not listen to music in the car. But I do have to admit that I listened to music at work, oh yea, I listened to the same songs over and over again. That's what happens when you work at Sea World.  

No comments:

Post a Comment