Saturday, May 2, 2009

Danielle-Day 1

So to start off, I tried to get in as much tv, music, and internet as I could on Thursday night. I watched Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy, the news, and sportscenter. I blasted the radio in my car on my way to and from work, and I checked my myspace, facebook, etc. I thought I was doing myself a favor by soaking in all the media I could the night before. I hate to admit this, but I was wrong!
Friday mornings, I usually work at American Eagle, and on my way to work, I usually listen to the 96.1 morning show. Well it just so happened that I was off on Friday morning, so I got to sleep in. I was really bored at my house, without watching any tv or surfing the web, so I had my brother order a pizza for me. After I ate, I took a shower, and got ready to go to my other job, at an elementary school. I have to be honest, not listening to the radio on my drive to and from work was hard, but I had recently had my stereo in my car stolen, and was without radio for about 2 weeks, so I was sort of used to not having a radio. Without the radio on, I was singing songs to myself, but mostly, I was thinking and analyzing everything going on in my life right now.
At work, not listening to the radio was easy, because I take care of a bunch of 4 and 5 year olds, however, we do have a music and movement time, where we sing songs and dance to a cd, so I guess I broke the rules in that sense.
When I got home, I heard the tv on, and my family was there, just watching tv like a bunch of normal people. Well I immediately went to my room, and as my sister was watching the recording of Ugly Betty, I was in my room, doing laundry. How fun.
I play volleyball in a league at Fatso's on Friday nights, and I knew there was going to be music and TV. When I walked in, I tried to give myself blinders so I wouldn't be tempted to just watch a little bit of the Atlanta and Miami game. While we play, there's music in the background, so I couldn't really help that. But on the drive home, it just so happened that 410 was closed, so I had to sit in traffic for about 35 minutes with nothing to listen to, but the crazy thoughts in my head!
Overall, it wasn't too bad, but then again, I had alot of distractions.
Bring on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment