Saturday, May 2, 2009

Manda d2 part 1

part one:

thank whatever im lazy.
my phone died earlier last night and i couldnt find a good enough reason to walk to the other side of the room to plug it in
manda - 1    technology - 0

its so strange how much we rely on something we don't even notice. that is, until we remove it from our daily routine. TV and Internet havent been issues just yet. Music, however, i feel sad and bored without it. I'm trying to find loopholes with the music portion but i dont really feel like having a party or a gathering of some sort to get my marley fix. at night, i don't have any lullabies to sing me to sleep. no telefon tel aviv, mogwai, no radiohead, pink floyd, the grateful dead, nothing. just that piercing high pitched noise in your ears reminding you youre going deaf. even cavemen made sound mr. lopez. 
luckily i have a guitar, piano, violin, and a decent voice to keep myself in one piece.  

peace.
peace & quiet.
peace & quiet & eggos.

it feels good to not watch tv. i dont have to hear about the swine flu and how it could be the end of the human race. it feels good to not get hyped up by the media since it seems to hype everything else up. i feel individualized. revitalized. 
I dont have to hear about arian get kicked off  Tough love.
or how big a mistake Ray Jay made picking the wrong girl.
i do however miss watching Current. Documentaries. The Royal Tenembaums.

Movies took the edge off my day. but i guess i can switch it to books.
I'm reading Rant and dipping into columns in the current newspaper.

so far i've been to work, took a shower, my feet got eaten by my puppies and i thought there was an alligator in my house. but i was half asleep.
i read a book about an artist who was insane but was so much more alive than anyone he had ever met. when he didnt have paper, he had arms. when he didnt have anything to manipulate, he had his hair to mold and form into lines or mounds. i feel alot like him. 
I'll be right back after this short break.

reflection period. 
2 hours.

continue:
steven and i are writing songs today. so far, we've got a melody and something that we can hum. its a start. go team.

part 2 at midnight. or around then.

No comments:

Post a Comment