Saturday, May 2, 2009

Brian Starr (Day One)

As I woke up in the morning the first thing that i always do is turn on the t.v. and watch ESPN to keep up with my sports. Not being able to do this morning routine threw my day off a little. Instead of me getting my news from the television, I had to rely on my peers to inform me of what was going on. This was not very fun to me because not everyone I know is as much a sports fan as I am so the news wasn't as clear or very helpful to me.

I knew this project wouldn't effect me this much for Friday and Saturday since i work all day. At my job they play music but the crap that they play I wish that they would just turn it off and leave it silent for this project period. Oh well I tried telling them but it was a no go with them. As the long day went on and on, all i was thinking about was going home taking a shower and watching tv. After my day at work I got in my truck and turned on the radio by routine, then after like ten seconds it finally hit me that I needed to turn it off for this project. The drive home with no radio was hard for me cause not only was it boring but it also started making me fall asleep. Not Good.

On a typical Friday my roommates and I go out to a bar for a couple of drinks. Know about this project I knew that there was going to be lots of t.v's and music playing at the bar. This was a hard task of me to tell my friends that I was going to stay home and not go out so that I could at least say I tried to fullfill the requirements for this project. After being harrased by them for about ten minutes, I just took a shower and went to bed.

Day one was not as bad as I thought it would be but I realize how just not watching the tv at nite changes things for me. Here I am awake early in the morning writing this blog when normaly Im still sleeping. I realized that when I watch tv at nite it makes me stay awake longer and in the long run I sleep less and is more tired when i have to wake up in the morning. So maybe this no tv deal can help me regain more hours of sleep this weekend. Lets see whats in store for day two.

Brian Starr

1 comment:

  1. Way to stick it out, Brian. Keep in mind, though, that it is okay to go out with friends in a social setting. So that way you're not stuck in a cave all weekend.

    But at least this project saved you some money from going out on Friday, right?

    ReplyDelete