Saturday, May 2, 2009

Taylor Lieber - Day 1

I was not looking forward to this project at all! I'm in between jobs at the moment, so I am at home pretty often, surrounded by temptation. I stayed up late on Thursday night watching a lot of tv and texting friends. I had to try and get my fill in, to hold me over! I woke up a little later than usual on Friday, at about 10:30, but I stayed in bed until about 11:00. My first thought after waking up was, "I have no reason to get up!". Haha, I'm kidding. That's a little extreme. Usually the first thing I do in the morning is turn on either my tv or radio. Since that is off limits, I checked my email real quick and found a reminder for this wonderful project. Grrr! It took me about twenty minutes longer than usual to get ready for the day, because I felt so thrown off without my music playing in the background. I felt sluggish; music really helps wake me up and gets me going in the morning. After that, I read for about an hour and a half. Luckily, I do love to read. Unfortunately, I have read all of my books already, at least once. I guess now would probably be a good time to head to Barnes and Noble to pick up a new book. I went to pick up lunch because I wanted to get out of the house for a little while. The only problem with this, is the whole driving without music thing. My roommate suggested I drive with the windows down, so that maybe I could hear bits and pieces of songs from other cars! I haven't resorted to that yet, but we'll see how I feel come Sunday. With no music playing in the car, of course that left me alone with my thoughts. I found myself thinking about friends I haven't talked to in a while and reminding myself about upcoming things that I need to take care of. Every once in a while, a song I like would pop into my head, and I would sing it as best as I could. It was sort of nice, but not nearly as enjoyable as the real thing! I went to have dinner at a friend's house, and her husband had the radio on. It was the first time all day I heard any music, and I loved it! I listened to a few songs while we had dinner. I left when we were done, and I was very sad on the long ride home. When I started getting ready to go to bed, I was a little upset because I fall asleep to my tv every night. It took me longer than usual to get to sleep, because once again I was left alone with my thoughts in the complete silence. Today wasn't horrible, but it certainly wasn't how I wanted to spend it....maybe tomorrow will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment