Saturday, May 2, 2009

Orlando Day 1

May 1 day one of media deprivation project. The media deprivation project is what it sounds like no intentional media use. There is no cell phone use, no computer use, no radio, no TV DVD or Movie Theater use, and finally no magazine use. So this projects starts on Friday when you wake up. That is one loop pole that I took advantage of so instead of turning off the TV at twelve am on Friday I just happened to stay awake a little longer on that Friday. In actually a typical night of the week is this. I wake up on a Monday morning around nine am leave for school at ten am to arrive at my first class at ten thirty am. I recently moved further away from the school so there is a thirty min drive that I cannot avoid. Now that I think about it on a typical day I’m driving about two hours and forty five min every day that’s a lot of driving that’s an earful of radio. So on Friday I woke up around two and what I would usually do is watch TV and just wake up a bit before making breakfast or before getting ready and on Friday that was not an option for me. So instead I just started getting ready for work which was at five. Work is a restaurant on the north side an upscale place where a lot of rich people go and try to feel better about themselevs whether consciously or not. So I had to drive downtown and the first thing that I remembered was no radio and downtown is a twenty min drive. The first thing that happened when I started my car was a radio blasting country music. So I jumped to turn it off man that was a close one. It was quite funny driving down the road cause every once in a while my arm would jump to turn up the radio which was not even on. The more I drove the less my arm moved but the mental idea was there every twenty min I felt it an arm movement towards the radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment