Saturday, May 2, 2009

Jonathan Swayne blog for Friday May 1, 2009

Jonathan Swayne blog for Friday May 1, 2009

The first day of this project was not as bad as I thought that it was going to be since I already had allot of things to do that did not involve me using any mass media. I will admit that I did have to use my cell phone twice because I had to call my choir director to see where he had dropped off his keys for me as he was going to be late for rehearsal but other than that I stayed clear of all media on Friday. The hardest part of the deprivation I would have to say was right after I first got up got up around 10:30am I don’t get a news paper or any other print publications so I really had nothing to do until 2:00 in the afternoon when we had scheduled a quartet practice, so I decided to practice my piano playing which I guess was a good thing because I could defiantly use the practice. After thinking about this it kind of made me realize how TV and the internet can get in the way of doing more productive things and I never thought of it as such a time waster before. Another part of the day that was defiantly hard was the two hour drive in rush hour traffic to San Marcos with no radio on I never realized how stressful driving in 5:00 traffic was until yesterday. Lucky me and my quartet all carpool to rehearsal so we could at least sing some songs for part of the way but we only know about 7 songs so after the first 30 minutes it got really boring really fast. Going to sleep was another things I almost never go to sleep before 3:00 in the morning so after all of my friends had gone home and I could not watch the TV it was just so quiet I never realized how much TV that I watch every night but I noticed that I usually watch it for about 2-3 hours before I go to bed and I watch allot less TV than anyone else I know. Not looking forward to Saturday I have nothing to do all day so it’s defiantly going to be a boring one.

No comments:

Post a Comment