Saturday, May 2, 2009

media depravation (1)

friday i woke up to my alarm to wake up for work.but my alarm is on my phone.so when i turned that off, i realized i was deprived this weekend.and so it began.i couldnt listen to the radio while i got ready for work.or on my way to work.so it was really quiet... but its times like this when i think of how i lived last year with no cable or radio.i had my laptop,but it was only useful when i could steal the internet.and then my tv got stolen along with my laptop...but by then i only had a week left until i went back home for the summer.no being able to use my phone or check my mail on line is knida sucky though,yet again.its funny how this seems like the worst weekend to start this.all oof my friends got a mass text about legalizing marijuana and the number to call to get more information.looks like i cant call! but yesterday i also forgot my sunglasses(the sun light gives me headaches and migrains) so i felt fully deprived.with the acception i had my car.ive gone with out my car so many times its crazy.so not having a phone reminds me of not having my car,and the ability to go anywhere. so yesterday,when i got to work,and i couldnt call my friend to make plans that night,i just folloowed her home after our shift. thankfully though she had final to work on so i ate lunch and then walked to walmart from her apt. because i could get there faster then if i had drove.the traffic was terrible. i realized i needed to call my best friend in wichita falls to check up on his road to soberity.and i couldnt. i wanted to talk to my mom for some reason and i couldnt.that part reminded me when i was in europe last summer and didnt buy a phone card.i was on vacation and didnt think i would really want to talk to family.but then we crossed the ocean and i got homesick.so ive gone with no media before,but we were in europe going to musuems constantly.but being in san antonio and no other contact with my folks is a blow.but ill be working all day today so my mom wont get pissed i didnt call her.and so i wont be bored and depressed.yesterday was hard.my friends boyfriend even helped by not playing music in the car to anywhere we went.we really just entertain each other when we all hang out.we dont really do much anyways.last week we went to see a play for laurens class,but that ended up being really fun.so i do realize how the media entertains my life more then what i thought.i have to go work a double now,so ill be working until 11 tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment