Saturday, May 2, 2009

Nick Ibarra Day 1 =/

You know, after day 1, you REALLY see how much mass media and even entertainment is part of your everyday life, especially in today’s society, its like you almost need it, but thats just me. When I first work up, I always turn on the music, well; I had to turn it off right away. Getting in my truck was hard to, right when I get in, I turn on the radio and use my iTouch, nope, had to turn that one off as well. The hardest part of day 1 was not listening to music, it’s a big part of my life for so many reasons, and not being able to that was very difficult for me. As for the internet, I never really got on it that much to being with, except for e-mail and school work, so that wasn’t bad at all. It was different not using my cell phone for social purposes as most of us do. Ignoring text messages and calls from friends seemed as if I didn’t want to talk t them. So after fighting temptations for the most part of the day, I came back from school, it was a silent drive back home, nothing but the sound of the wind and other cars. To me, I noticed a little more driving home; such as a restaurant or two that I didn’t see before or just looking at trees and telephone poles and of course the road.

So basically my Friday day part was over and done with and it wasn’t really the hardest part. When I get home, I get on Xbox live. I play halo, but I don’t do it for fun really, I play competitively, I have a team, we practice, we get flown out to different cities and participate in a gaming community called MLG, Major League Gaming and get paid, its crazy. We go to Columbus, Ohio next month for a tournament and they weren’t too happy when I said I couldn’t practice, for about 3 nights. Especially as the event gets closer, you have to practice more but due to this project (and I’m not trashing this project, I think it’s interesting) I wont be allowed to do so. But we finally agreed that 3 days off might do us some good.

Day 1 is over with, it was hard for me, I wont lie, but Saturday shouldn’t be so hard for I work most of the day and when I get home, I’ll try some different stuff to help pass the time.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a cool gig you got there, Nick. I think we all wish we can get paid for playing a game, no matter what kind of game that is.

    Well, I hope the time off from playing does you and your team some good. It's almost over so hang in there!

    ReplyDelete