Saturday, May 2, 2009

Neysa Day1

Yesterday was the longest, most boring day of my life! I woke up thinking, today is…May 1st.….May 1st? hmmm….oh no May 1st! It had hit me. My final project of deprivation was starting! NOOOO! Ok so I started by day as usual brushing my teeth and showering. That was fine, till I had nothing to do for a few hours. In this time I usually watch music videos or shows that are on till I leave for school. So I thought to myself, it’s ok read a book, play with the dogs, do some laundry. And so I did. I washed two loads, thank God, fed and gave water to my dogs, and brushed them. Then I remembered its Friday and I have no school today. I found that I’m addicted to my I Pod, the television, and the radio. I immediately drove to my friends, of course without the radio and my I Pod. My friend Hector and I are best friends and could talk our mouths off all day if we were able to. So I figured he’s my best bet for getting me through this thing. I live to drive to work or school because I’m able to listen to my own mix of music, and blast it as I speed. So I wasn’t able to flip through the radio or put on my I Pod. While I will admit at the beginning it was difficult, it got a tad bit easier. This just gave me time to think about all kinds of things. This was about a 25 minute ride, so it was a little depressing. After about 15 minutes it got boring, and seemed as though I had nothing else to think about. I get there and convince him to go out and eat with me. I explained my situation and he said we wouldn’t listen to music, I thought to myself, great. He was convinced we could entertain ourselves, and I believed him. We ate at IHOP where it took ridiculously long for our food to come out. Then we get back home to wake up 2 hours later. So most of my morning and mid afternoon had gone by without my usage of any media. I felt so proud of myself. I took my friend to work, and spent the rest of the day with my boyfriend until I went to a party in the evening where music was playing. I think I was able to enjoy the ability of music a bit more than everyone else last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment