Saturday, May 2, 2009

Day 1 MichaelPetit

When I woke up I knew right away I would go crazy if i stayed in my house. I had to find these loop holes that we talked about in class and use them to my full advantage. Already I had two text on my phone. I new this was going to be hard. Mass media is everywhere in my life and this deprivation no easy task. I went to Auto Zone to pick up some spray paint for my car. On the way there, I wanted to turn on the radio so bad but I couldn't. I didn't realize how loud my subconscious was, especially in complete silence. I consider this a advantage cause I am able to think things out. Music is just one of the many distractions of mass media in my life. This the main reason why drivers get into accidents because they are distracted by cell phones and loud radios. I met up with a friend at work and we ate at Hooters. I was able to watch TV there. I enjoyed being out and able to watch my favorite sports on the tube. I stayed there more then usual because I knew this was going to be the only time I could watch TV for awhile. Next I went to a tire shop and bought me some rims. I went home and wash my car. Then, I went to my friends Jose house. Jose bought a used truck that day and we went to pick up his cousin Nick. Jose had no radio in his truck. I was going crazy at this point, I love music!!!! After that we went to a birthday party. Everyone was having a good time drinking and talking. I played Guitar Hero World Tour off the PS3. I was able to listen and play music finally. I was getting late already and we went to Nicks house. We were hanging outside for the rest of the night just drinking and listening to music. I played some basketball with my best friend DJ. After that I drop my friend off and went home. I was able to leave my cocoon through this media deprivation project. The advantages of this day where I was more social. I was being more active and more outgoing to do more things in life, just in this one day. The stranglehold was my cell phone this was the only thing I consider my weakness. I didn't realize how attached my cell phone is to me. I think the next two days are going to be easy cause I work all day. I wish I was off so I could do more things in life like yesterday. Theres more to life then just working............

No comments:

Post a Comment