Monday, May 4, 2009

Day 3 starts out at twelve midnight at the club. This is ok since there is a loop in the class. So the night is like every other night out drinks until two then head home. The difference on the way home was no music not a bad thing at all. Instead of music I just talked to my girlfriend. Arrived at home to make some food whatever I had since the grocery store visit was still a couple of days away. The night finished around four hitting the pillow like no other that was the first time in about two months that I have really been out. The next morning was early not because of anything important it was more of being hung-over stumbling around at eight to get some water and since we were not allowed to watch TV which is my usually regimen I just hit the pillow even harder. Waking up around two and starting on this dam blog among other things I had to finish Sunday. Man procrastination is a killer having over two weeks to work on something and trying to do it in five hours is not fun for the most part. Started to make some eggs and bacon no TV which is not bad just a little boring. Eating talking to someone more is not bad I would be bad if there was nothing to talk about. Started to do some work and that’s when we both cracked my girlfriend and I. we are the recent owners of a Netflix account and there has been movies looking at us since Friday just sitting there. As I pass by they say Hello they also say Money since there is a fee for these movies we came to the conclusion that if we did not watch a movie it would be throwing money away. Since it was stated that a relationship should not be broken up over this experiment I can say I was forced into watching a movie because if I was not there something something something I can’t remember the words to guilt me into watching but hey it was convincing enough. So that ended the watching TV for my girlfriend who was not a part of the experiment but was a good participant. I on the other hand went to the room after the movie and finished my work. In all this experiment was nice I believe that I may do this again during finals I felt I got more done then the other times in my life. The media takes up parts of my life by being there it’s an excuse not to do something its easy not to do something. One funny thing is that this mourning I forgot to even turn on the radio I parked and still had the radio off its kind of nice without all that noise. I can say for one that when I have things to do I enjoy not being chained up by the media. I don’t know what it would be like having nothing to do because I filled my time with work. I do wonder how different I would have been not having much to do like work or school work. The question is would I be lazy if the experiment was during a time when I had no plans or work. It’s a question that has been answered by others but is it true what they state is the human would be lazy and work is needed if not they would sit around and do nothing. I believe this to be wrong because with this little experiment I did not feel a need to consume my life with thoughtless media. That’s what the media it fills your head with nonsense with media you do nothing for the most part. The media that surrounds our lives is what is there and that’s it either enjoy it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment