Monday, May 4, 2009

S.O.S. - Day 3 - Angelo Reyes

Ok. By now, I was sure I’d be pulling my hair out and kickin’ babies, but I’m not. I’m not even bothered by the fact that I haven’t watched t.v. or listened to music. I guess it’s just something you get used to. Day 3 wasn’t much different than the other two. I woke up at ten, meditated, and showered, and headed off to work. Work was pretty much the same as the past days. I noticed that I talk more to my co-workers, being actually interested in them and how they’d been doing. That was a pleasant surprise. It’s nice to know you’re not a monster and genuinely care about other people. I had a pretty deep conversation with this girl I barely even speak with. Afterwards, I realized that I tend to judge people on first sight and my reactions towards them are determined by my judgement. I was pretty surprised by this because I’d never thought about it before. People tend to act before they think of the repercussions of their actions and I must admit I’m guilty. I got out of work at 4:30 and headed home. No music, no radio, nothing. Not bad. Not bad at all.
At home, I sat down for a couple hours reading a sci-fi novel. I’ve always enjoyed reading, but I hadn’t read the email about being able to read, until yesterday, so I read. After reading, I went outside and messed around with a soccer ball for an hour. Worked up a good sweat. I have actually killed my smoking habit, since that friday night when I said I would. I noticed the cleansing of my lungs. I hope it lasts. After soccer, made myself a grilled chicken salad and garlic bread. It was delicious. After I ate, I went up to my room and meditated for half an hour. Love it. After that, I took a shower. I played with my kitty-cat for an hour, then went to bed.
I can’t wait to talk about this project with you guys in class. See you then. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment