Monday, May 4, 2009

Neysa Day 3

Yesterday yes definately the easiest day of all 3. I was already in the no media mode, my think mode. I work with girls as their coach. So that morning my main thoughts were completly about them. At work i was again able to listen to music. The atmosphere i work at is a gym, so there is constant music playing in the back. We do not have televisions there so i couldn't watch tv. After, I was able to go back home and shower. Then i had to come back for a meeting. The meeting didnt start for about an hour and a half due to late coaches and students that had been picked up late from practice. So I was wastin my precious time at a gym with music still playing in the back, when i could have been studying like I needed to. So then the meeting was moved to pizza hut. At this point my thoughts were solely about my final. The next dayI still had to study for and make a cheat sheet.(by the way my professor allows cheat sheets for the test). At this facility there was absolutely no types of media around. We ate and talked for hours about the new season and diffrent problems around the gym. The meeting was still going on when i told them I had to leave. I proceeded to starbucks to keep my mind clear so Iwas able to study. With this whole project i have learned that cutting the media out gets alot of things accomplished and I am much more aware of my surroundings and whats happening around me. I was able to focus my time on things that were important instead of just layin around doing nothing. Even watching tv is a waste of time if your not doing something else. Also such as homework or productive things on the computer. I think after this small deprivation I will be more productive with my time utilization, at least for a small time after.

No comments:

Post a Comment