Monday, May 4, 2009

Deanna Briones-Hassuni Day 3

I almost cheated. The start of my day consisted of waking up late due to not having my alarm clock blaring with music, because of this I was late to a meeting at work and almost got fired. As I'm on my way out I get in a huge argument with my mom (probably because I was stressed out about not being able to listen to music!) and that put me in a really bad mood. So I get to the meeting and it's almost over so I yell at everyone and leave. Usually when I'm in this bad of a mood I listen to music as a form of therapy, but I couldn't so I end up just being crabby all day. So I hopped in my car, furious and with swollen eyes and drove to the nearest Starbucks to listen to music and study. It certainly wasn't the coffee or the studying that calmed me down. Later on my way home, I stared at the stereo as it tempted me to turn it on and looked up just in time to swerve from nearly running over a defenseless little squirrel. This almost made go flying off a bridge near I-10. Being all alone and in silence did make me realize and think about things though. Like how much I appreciate my life and don't like doing this project and not being entertained. We as humans need entertainment. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy right?? Cause that's how I feel. Except I'm a girl. I mean sure maybe if I lived somewhere cool like the beach or was visiting a far off place I could do with out media for awhile, but no I'm still here in same old stuck up San Antonio. Thank god this is the last day and my hair can start growing back out tomorrow. If I wasn't so occupied doing homework right now, I would probably be wandering around my neighborhood kicking Ferrel cats to humble myself. So I guess this is a better time then ever to get this project over with since I can spend most the time focusing on school. I guess one good change I've noticed is that I don't procrastinate as much. But I do still procrastinate, just not "as much". So later I went and chugged beer to get my mind off of studying and this project, and got smashed and fell over and hit my head on the curb, at this point the project has now injured me and dang neared killed innocent animals and I'm really considering cheating for my health at this point. Just kidding. But I did get pretty toasty :). Then I didn't drive drunk home and went to bed. So I woke up today, with the mother Teresa of all hang overs, and realized I could go back to my drab and lethargic form of an existence. Excited as hell, I leapt from my slumber as if I was a star Olympian and turned on the all mighty TV and then got back in my bed and snuggled up under my sheets as though it were my mothers womb. At last, the pain is over. So what did I get out of all of this? Well.... I guess I was more productive, and hopefully it will show it's self in my grades. Hint hint. I'll tell you one thing though, if I fail this class, you darn well better believe this girl is not doing this project again!

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't worry about failing anything, Deanna. I think you're going to be just fine in my class.

    ReplyDelete