Monday, May 4, 2009

Sunday Deprivation by Adrian Coe

Sunday was so easy compared to Friday and Saturday. Once I wake up I quickly got dressed for the day, I go to church with my folks every week and since we leave so early in the morning it was not hard for me to leave all the media out of my mind. Mr. Lopez gave us the chance of watching the news on television and watching it online in order to stay well informed about this disease going around, but I was not worried about it when I was seeing articles, so going a couple of days with just hearing it from every passing stranger and the friends and coworkers I have who believe this is the end of the end, I don’t need much more information. I’m sure from how many people I hear about from on any day would cover most of the newspaper and online articles about the swine flu. Once I got home from church, it wasn’t long before my brother and I had to go to work… again… work was the same as it always is, music in the backdrop of my wandering ear, and coworkers talking about all the things I get to go without. I wasn’t worried about it though, just had to make through one more night. I really did a good job with my phone today, almost all of my friends realize the project and I did not get a single call and any text messages I was able to ignore until this morning… all forwards anyways… This project wasn’t as bad as I would’ve guess at the beginning, then again, I used to go camping for weekends at a time and week long trips once or twice a year. Don’t get me wrong, I’m most certainly glad that it’s over, but it wasn’t as bad for me with a back ground of going without media for days at a time purely by choice. Well no I get to wait until Wednesday to go into class and discuss my experience of my weekend without the “necessary” forms of media people take for granted daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment