Monday, May 4, 2009

dominic-sunday media deprivation

Sunday was a great day, because I did really fell the effects of not having media in my life. I went to bed early Saturday night because i had nothing better. On my usual Saturday i would go to bed around 11 because i have to wake up at 4:25am go to to I work at 5:25am. Getting up was weird because instead of waking up to my music tone, on my alarm, I had to wake up to a loud noise! The default alarm on my phone will wake you up but in the process it will really stress you out. The stress but alarm sound could be the main cause of sleeping disorders in Americans because I dread going to sleep because I don't want to hear the alarm noise in the morning. Once the deprivation project is done the first think I am going to change is the alarm, my music tone is far more relaxing.
At work I had a blast because I work at Verizon so there were gadgets everywhere! So from 6am to 3pm I was surrounded by all kinds of media. This was a slap in the face when had to leave because I had to drive with no radio, and play the sound of wind sound track! Once I got home it was not so bad. I put my phone in my room on my night stand and i forgot about it because I spent time with my family. Family time in my family is few and far between because we are always tied to the TV or computer or phone but not having the medias allowed up to talk and connect. To my surprise time went by really fast and I learned a lot of great information about my family.
Monday morning I was finally able to take a shower with music playing! i never knew how much I depend on having music. Music is a great media that everyone needs because they can express their emotions and connect with thousands at one time. putting on a music alarm was great to, I really felt that i was more relaxed and was not stressed to wake up by an abrupt sound.
The three days without the media were not as bad as i thought they would be. There should be more of a balance of time that we spend without media and with media because media keeps up intouch with the world and events.

No comments:

Post a Comment