Monday, May 4, 2009

Eric Garza - Day Three

Ok so far i think my record is 12 and 3 playing my little brother in chess. What else is there to do? Ive gone to the gym more than i could in the past, and have gone to sleep earlier than i have in the past couple of months and all this is due to the fact that i've taken the multimedia out of my lifestyle for a mere three days. Im shocked at how many other things i can accomplish and how much more energy and focus i have towards finishing up this semester. I finished all of my final projects that were due in all of my classes and even started planning what i want to do during my summer break. I wrote out plenty of ideas for things i would like to do and just need to get the wheels in motion. I went to go visit my mom who wasnt quite as upset as i thought she would be and told her about this project. She said that this project would probably be the one thing that would probably help out a lot of students during finals. I didnt think that by limiting or cutting off my multimedia usage it would boost my focus level and allow me to prioritize my laundry list of goals i wanted to accomplish. I cant wait to try this again soon or challenge someone else to try it. I think my phone bill was due on the first and i usually get a text message reminder that i need to pay it in order to continue service but the project cut right into the thick of things and now i have to wait until today after 5 to find out. My ex-girlfriend came over and she said she tried to call me and left several messages but no luck. She seems like the type of person who would not be able to complete a challenge like this. One thing i have learned is that people panic when they lose that line of communication with the world, and pre programed numbers in your phone are useless if you have no phone. I think having these lines of communication via cell phone, email, etc., are all perks to the electronic age we live in but we shouldnt rely on these things for one day they could fail us. Then what would we do with the incapability to talk to one another over long distances? I drove more but talked less. I did more and stressed little. Most of all, I was out of the loop but got in touch with who I am and whats important in my life - my family, friends and my sanity!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Eric! It's truly amazing how much we can accomplish in a single day when we're not too concerned with distracting ourselves with some form or mass media.

    ReplyDelete