Monday, May 4, 2009

Josh Aldama [Day 3]

Finally, it's Monday, and there's about 40 minutes left for this experiment to end. I've gone this whole weekend without any type of media, something I never thought I would do, something that just didn't seem possible in a technological society. But I did it, and I'm pretty sure I am one of the few people in our society that can say "I went a whole weekend without TV, internet, games, movies, and phone". It's been interesting to see how I reacted when I couldn't use any of my "Media gadgets", i did many things that surprised me, many things that I never would have caught myself doing anytime soon. 

Sunday was definitely the easiest but the most stressful of all. It was easy because it was the 3rd day and I was already used to it, but it was the most stressful because I was excited for Monday to come! I know I got on some of my friends nerve over the weekend, but luckily I didn't Sunday, since I stayed home with the family and chilled. 

When this experiment started I was pretty sure it was gonna be hell, and sure enough, it was hell the first day. The sudden change got me hard, and seemed like life would be so boring without any media. But as the days went by, I began finding other stuff to do to not get too bored. I would go out more, I would go swimming, I would clean my house, fix what was broken. It all made the day go by faster and not having to think about it. 

I think now that this experiment is over, I'll definitely try to watch less TV, not use the internet as much so I can do more productive stuff for myself and the people around me. I almost feel like a different person, but I'm not, I'm still the same old Josh but I a bit improved in some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment