Monday, May 4, 2009

Watch out for the Infected.

Yesterday was a breeze, I was already becoming condition to regulations of the project. Sunday for me was spent on the road back the San Antonio. Even though I had stayed up all night celebrating with my primos and new acquaintances, It was my turn to drive. Wow did this suck.

I had got like four hours of sleep then my brother and I hit the road. Leaving Monterrey at around 3:30pm, we headed to Satillo to pick some dry chiles and some tile samples, that our mom told us to get for her since we down in Mexico anyway. We arrive in Satillo only to find that the city was a buzz and not that affected by the apparent flu pandemic. Actually, while my brother and I had some lunch there in Satillo, we were watching the news and it turns out that Mexico had lowered their alert level in Mexico city. Which means Mexico is taking its first steps towards normalcy. So after we had some gringas and taquitos, and got the stuff for our mom, we headed back towards the border.

Getting to the border was a brisk hour and a half drive since I was speeding the whole way. We arrived in Nuevo Laredo around 8:00pm only to find that the border was in a mamamoth-colossel size cluster F!#% the was totally FUBAR. There was all kinds of medical personnel from both countries (US&Mexico) interviewing, and checking every vehicle that was crossing the border. It was good to see the colaboration of both countries to achieve a common goal. Well I was asked to step out of my vehicle because I looked pale. I was pale but only because the previous night I had been drinking heavily for long hours. So they took me into a field-clinic (a tent) and ran my vidals to make sure I was not infected. I felt like I was in a Zombie movie with these medical and Mexican-military all trying to find infected people. I was just waiting for the Zombies to start eating people's faces and hell to break loose! haha It was a interesting experience. So it turned out that I was not infected but a little dehydrated from the alcohol consumption. So I was given a gulcose pill, bottle of water, released and sent on my way.

We did not get across the border until 12:00am in the morning so by this time we ready to round-kick next person in the head that would inhibit our return to San Antonio. Although at least I know that the governments are taking the necessary precautions to keep the masses safe. Since I was busy the whole day I really did not even think I was affected by not being able to use media for recreational purposes. Then again on the car-ride from Laredo to San Antonio I realized that Day 3 was over, and I could listen to music which was great because it kept me awake. We did not arrive in San Antonio until 4:00 in the morning because my brother wanted to stop and eat.( hes a cop and hes always hungry) I am so glad this project is over because I never realized how much music calms me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment