Monday, May 4, 2009

harold peavy day 3

The past three days have been something of a blur; So much so that I spent all of today so far without media. I can say that only because I had a final this morning, but hey I didn’t remember to turn the radio on the way to school. And when I remembered on the way back, it was not even worth putting on. I figured I had gone this long, why chance it on some crappy hit when I could choose the appropriate song at home. This is just a portion of how my thinking has changed from this process; I have actually had a lot fun with how my time has been spent.
Sunday was one of the best days I have had in a long time, minus the crippling hangover. So I have to say that the day was shortened, it had been a while since I had been in bed until 2.p.m. I would have had no problem staying in all day either, except I was rustled out of bed by friends. I had been keeping tight tabs on my roommate’s and friend’s media exposure as well. I had made plans to have a day out of the house, to all enjoy a day by making fun of what ever came our way. 2:30, out of the house and on to Tim’s, time to ride dirt bikes and shoot guns. This is often a Sunday practice, our congregation you might say, Tim works in Laredo during week so on the weekends we cut loose at the ranch.
5:30, back to Laredo for Tim and off to the pool for everyone else. Tired, hot, and dirty from the bikes we arranged to meet a bud Nick where he works as a lifeguard. It was the first time we made the visit, definitely worth it. The pool was out Culebra in some new housing development. Three story water slide do I need to say more?
8:00, Buzzed and hungry. I have only been awake for a portion of the day but I’m already pretty beat. We leave the pool in search of food, and end up with more of a place to drink. With a bite to eat and a couple of pints at the Saucer, it’s any easy decision to go out for more. At our neighborhood dive the Monkey, I find myself irritating my friends with questions and insights as it is already today.
What did we learn? Above all I have to say I couldn’t do it alone. Not because of lack of will, but for the fact that you have way to much time to think when you’re alone. Not trying to be funny but, I don’t really get along with myself and would much rather have others deal with me. It is better for all of us that way. I don’t know if you act as psychiatrists or need to see one after a personal internal look like that. Long drives in the car solo are similar to Looney bins; padded walls could be an improvement though. Other than the car, my life is rather enjoyable. I often found myself in my daily routine not feeling deprived of media, fine without. Working 40 plus hours a week and going to school keeps me busy. The last thing I want to do is spend my me time on my ass.
Writing these blogs I have opened up and allowed myself to really get a since of what I’m about. and I'm glad to say it makes me happy. Living an active life is fun and glad I live the way I do, although I think I may have a drinking problem. I can’t wait to go watch SportsCenter with a cold one.

No comments:

Post a Comment