Monday, May 4, 2009

Nick Ibarra Day 3 It's overrr

Alright it’s Monday and I’m listening to music with the T.V on and texting while I write this. So Sunday, was the last day of this project, it wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be. Let’s see, I woke up and went to church early, I had to listen to music due to me playing drums for my church and they pulled a fast one on me and wanted to play a new song that I’ve heard once. So I had to put the phones in my ears and study the song for about ten minutes. That’s all I did! Then we played and had the service and everything and it was great. Afterwards I went home after saying no to a Halo tournament that I know I could have won and made easy money, but it’s all good. I would rather be deprived of media and video games any day. Ha-ha
So instead I came home and grabbed a book that I like to read all of the time, it’s called “Captain Underpants and The Attack of The Talking Toilets.” It helped me pass quite a while, I was reading and getting food and doing stuff like that. I also went running and went outside to do yard work with my dad. Surprisingly enough I actually found plenty of stuff to do to keep myself busy when not HAVING to do something.
Overall this project started off with me thinking about it a lot and trying really hard not to doing anything to do with media, music and games. As the weekend went on it was not nearly as hard as I thought it would be. It was defiantly an experience and I think the main reason we use media so much in our lives is because it’s so convenient to us. I know that I can live without media, I wouldn’t die but it’s really a huge part of my life for reasons that I’ve committed to. For example, the whole MLG thing and I loving music so much. It’s hard to just cut it off like that. It’s our way of life now and we’ve adapted to it very closely. I think about the old days, like back in the 1920’s, they didn’t have nearly ¾ of the stuff we have today, but they did have stuff to them that was they’re lifestyle and daily activities.
This project was interesting, glad it's over though, it was an experience for me and I kind of don’t want to do it again, ha-ha

No comments:

Post a Comment