Monday, May 4, 2009

Linda Estrada Finallly day 3

Sunday was not too bad at all, I woke up feeling well rested and was trying to figure out what the day would bring me without media. I still live with my parents and my father was gone for the weekend on a fishing trip, so I asked my mother to accompany me to the grocery store and to get a few other errands done. I work 6 days a week and also go to school so this was nice to spend some quality time with my mom since I dont really get to do so much. During the drive she attempted to turn the radio on, I did stop her which was pretty funny considering she had no idea why. Meanwhile, we kept conversation going about the future, and family. Later on in the evening my mom and I cooked dinner, which I have not really helped with since I was a little girl. My usual routine when I am home is to be in my room on the computer or watching television. So spending time with my mom was defintely nice for a change. I was never really aware of how much technology has pushed us apart. At about 6:00 PM all of my 5 brothers and sisters came over to have dinner with us, we talked about future plans for Mothers Day and my 21st birthday which is coming up the weekend after. I played with my nieces and nephews for a while, when we usually hang out time is spent watching a movie or cartoons. Today though I insisted we go outside, we colored with chalk on the sidewalk and when were through we even turned on the water sprinklers and ran through them to cool off. We had a lot of fun, and they thought of me as the "cool aunt" for the day. This experience was definetely needed, I was a little frusterated the first day, but after it all I would really not mind making some changes in the future. Especially when it comes to how much time I spend on the internet, watching television, or having my ears plugged with earphones connected to my ipod. I will try to keep my life simplified from now on and not depend solely on media to have a good day, or have a good time while hanging out with loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment